March 22, 2013

today i picked up my guitar. it has been a long time since i played it, let alone consistently. due to the amount of baggage we were limited to bringing over here, i had to leave it at my parents' house in florida for the first year and a half that we were in germany.

the thing about this little baby taylor is that it has followed me around since i was in middle school. my dad bought me my guitar after i had been playing for about a year, as a reward and incentive to continue playing. my dad also plays guitar and led worship for various ministries throughout my life. playing music has definitely been a huge bond between us, specifically worship, and especially playing worship together.

i brought it back recently after a visit home... still, i hardly ever have time to play. but i have had a reason recently to make time, and it has been exceedingly refreshing: recording some songs for my dad.

what started out as a little project of a couple of worship songs that michael and i covered just to send my dad something to listen to during hard days has become something i want to continue as long as i am able. he requested one that i had written with a friend, lisa, awhile ago. so i sat down today to do more.

vera loves listening to us sing and play music, thankfully. sometimes she tries to sing along, too :)


needless to say, my fingers are raw.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes love can do that: make us raw. It's worth it. Love you! I would love to hear one of your songs.

    ReplyDelete